Secretary, Senior Companion Program
Company: Hawkeye Community College
Posted on: December 2, 2019
DetailSecretary, Senior Companion ProgramVacancy Notice:
11/26/2019Application Deadline: 12/10/2019 By 4:00pm CSTPosition
Type: ClassifiedREPORTS TO:
- Program Manager, Senior Companion ProgramJOB SUMMARY:This
position providers customer service and support to Senior
Companions, clients and families, and community members. This
position is responsible for providing excellent customer service,
maintains customer confidence and protects operational integrity by
keeping information confidential, and provides support for a
variety of special projects, committees, functions, and
activities.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Important responsibilities and
duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists and maintains supervisors appointment schedules by
planning and scheduling meetings.
- Gathers information and data for College, federal and state
government records, reports, and surveys.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting,
editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them in person or on
the telephone and by answering or directing inquiries.
- Oversees correct distribution and disposition of notices,
memoranda, directives, and related materials.
- Assists in monitoring budgets and prepares purchase
- Coordinates refreshments and materials for activities and
meetings include arranging room setup.
- Performs other duties as assigned.POSITION SPECIFIC
RESPONSIBILITIES:Important responsibilities and duties may include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates and co-facilitates special events, Advisory Council
meetings, orientation sessions and monthly in-service trainings for
- Provides office support to program manager, van drivers, Senior
Companions, clients, and volunteer stations.
- Maintains documentation of volunteer information including
client placements and weekly schedules.
- Tracks critical documents that are required for ongoing
volunteer eligibility and are time-sensitive.
- Accurately calculates time sheets which include service hours,
meal reimbursement, and mileage reimbursement.
- Enters all payroll information in an Excel spreadsheet and
submits to the business office for processing.
- Assists with recruitment of Senior Companions, communication
with volunteer stations, and completes client referrals.
- Arranges transportation for Senior Companions and prepares
daily van route.
- Order certificates and recognition items for Senior Companions
who complete training and insure that they are
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of office experience and/or equivalent combination of
experience and training.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 net words per minute.
- Must be highly proficient using all Microsoft Office and/or
- Knowledge of recordkeeping principles and practices and ability
to prepare records and reports.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and to work
- Aptitude to analyze and improve office procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written
- Ability to work with and provide customer service for diverse
populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- Project a positive professional image.
- Administrative writing skills, reporting skills, scheduling,
Microsoft Office skills, organization, time management, office
equipment maintenance, travel logistics, and verbal communication
- Associates degree in business or related field.
- Experience working with a non-profit or social service
- Experience working with diverse populations or adults with a
variety of environmental barriers (low-income, disabilities,
limited access to health care).EMPLOYMENT STATUS:Full time position
with comprehensive or competitive benefits program including
health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan
for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick,
and vacation leave; and a choice of retirement programsIPERS
(defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).Application
ProcedureBackground checks and driving records are considered in
all hiring decisions.Veterans and persons with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.If you are in need of any special accommodation
in completing the application process, please email Human Resource
Services.Application materials are required and must be received in
the Human Resource Services office by the application deadline in
order to be considered for the position.Apply OnlineHuman Resource
ServicesHawkeye Center 101319-296-4492Jobs Line: 319-296-2329
ext.5000Email usIf you are in need of any special accommodation in
completing the application process, please notify a member of Human
Resource Services.Back to top
Keywords: Hawkeye Community College, Waterloo , Secretary, Senior Companion Program, Administration, Clerical , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!