Company: Exide Technologies
Posted on: May 3, 2020
Overview The Engineering Manager is responsible for the
development, support, and improvement of the manufacturing
processes for the plant. Will lead a team of Process and Continuous
improvement engineers. This position is located in Manchester, IA.
About the work location: Manchester is a city in Delaware County,
Iowa, United States, located along the Highway 20 corridor between
Dyersville and Independence. Delaware County is centrally located
just 45 minutes from some of Iowa---s biggest hubs (Cedar Rapids,
Waterloo, and Dubuque) --- but you don---t need to go far to find
excitement. Delaware County is home to several golf courses, parks,
museums, retail shops, a movie theatre, festivals and fairs, water
sport recreational areas, and evening entertainment. Delaware
County offers successful academics programs in three community
school districts and a critical access hospital to provide
healthcare close to home. To learn more about Manchester, Iowa
(postal code 52057) --- click the links below: Delaware County
Economic Development Website Wikipedia - Manchester, Iowa
- Capital Expense planning and budgeting.
- Realization and follow up of approved projects
- Directs and accountable for all lean and continuous improvement
- Provide technical support to other departments
- Coordinate projects with other departments
- Provide training and guidance based on the requirements of each
- Coach and develop each member of the engineering team
- Calculate the capacity of the factory according to the
- Improve the reliability efforts of the Engineering department.
Implement key reliability metrics such as Mean Time Between Failure
and drive a systematic approach towards reliability efforts that
will decrease down time and increase production throughput. Train
managers on the use of these of these metrics. Qualifications
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor---s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial
Engineering related field.
- At least 5 years of experience managing engineering teams.
- Understanding of manufacturing cost drivers and knowledge of
continuous cost improvement processes
- Investigations and benchmarking activities with all the
departments in order to know other standards and technologies and
propose improvements based on this. Work with suppliers on
- Teambuilding and teamwork activities intra and
interdepartmental to share, clarify and track targets and results.
Mentoring efforts have positive affect on plants overall
performance. Experience in work orders.
- Experience setting and managing annual budget. Spend approval
for engineering contracts with machinery and installations
suppliers, look for improved prices for machinery, spare parts,
etc. Cost estimating.
- Preparation of capital requests. Recognition and communication
of both benefits and risks. Cash out preparation and managing.
- Knowledge related to legal regulations and contractual
relationships which can affect performance and applications in the
- Proven knowledge and demonstrated skills in Project Management,
use of a structured approach to project leadership, project status
management and oversight. Plan and communicate the scope of
projects. Lead collaborators--- team. View priorities and
creatively apply different types of resources to achieve the agreed
objectives. Tracking of plans, results and new improvement
proposals to the team and top management. Ability to manage
multiple projects / priorities simultaneously.
- General technical knowledge in utilities, electronics,
mechanical, chemical, pneumatic, hydraulics, installations designs,
etc. General knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC software
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and metrics to create
understanding, make sound decision making, problem solve and manage
performance and progress over time. Experience in how to analyze
the failed process.
- Skills in planning, organizing and priority setting, including
resource allocation and management.
- Teambuilding and teamwork activities intra and
interdepartmental, and with other factories and units in the
company (and if possible with other factories to share, clarify and
track targets and results).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully capable of communicating, negotiating, making
presentations and reporting in English, at a Business and technical
English level and cope successfully in an environment exclusive of
English-speaking. Travel / Other Requirements: Plant environment.
Some travel may be required. \#LI-JA EEO Statement Exide
Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's
qualifications are considered without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. About Exide Exide
Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored
electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial
markets. Exide---s 130 years of technology innovation combined with
operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver
compelling solutions for the world---s current and future power
needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products,
serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive
Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and
specialty applications for a broad range of industries including:
agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck,
marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad,
security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power
supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward -
history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the
right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery
supplier. Job Locations IA-Manchester - IA-Des Moines - IA-Iowa
City - IA-Oelwein - IA-Waterloo - WI-Platteville - IA-Cedar Rapids
- IA-Dubuque Requisition ID 2020-2575 Category Engineering Position
Type Regular Full-Time Address 913 South 10th Street Postal Code
Keywords: Exide Technologies, Waterloo , Engineering Manager, Engineering , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!