Product Development Engineer
Company: HNI Corporation
Posted on: September 17, 2023
HNI Corporation is a global family of brands for the workplace
and home dedicated to enhancing the spaces where we live, work, and
gather. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment where we
make a positive impact on others; upholding our beliefs in
integrity, inclusion and belonging.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Product Development Engineer to join our HNI
Workplace Furnishings - Operations team in Muscatine, IA!
The Product Development Engineer performs a variety of engineering
work in pl anning and design of produc ts and/or product components
and work s with other engineering or production disciplines to
ensure proper implementation of design . Th e Product Development
Engineer creates models, drawings, and specifications for the
development of products.
What You Will Do:
- Develops original designs or adaptations requiring specialized
- Leads the development of technical, manufacturable designs from
initial product concepts, prototypes, testing and initiates the
identification of intellectual property infringement and patent
- Establishes product specifications, including dimensional,
performance, and visual specifications, and then manages those
specifications as they relate to product management, quality,
operations, and supplier relations.
- Drives the implementation and management of all CAD modeling
throughout the PLM process, including management of all product
engineering drawings and Product Data Management engineering
- Creates test plans to ensure product will be compliant with
applicable industry standards.
- Creates bill of materials and understands related costs for
each component , as well as labor and burden costs associated with
building the product in the chosen facility.
- Partners with producing locations to run production pilots and
to ensure production readiness.
- Works with production, other engineering disciplines,
marketing, sales and quality to implement designs and ensure that
project goals are met.
- Monitors quality and design issues and deploy p rojects to
reduce customer pain points. What You Have:
- Bachelor ' s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience using common hand tools. What You're Good At:
- Abili ty to work on multiple projects and understand task
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work individually as well as with a team.
- Must have excellent creative problem solving skills .
- Demonstrate d flexibility and adaptability, while maintaining a
positive attitude and approach under pressure .
- Proven ability to communicate effectively , both written and
- Knowledge of Mic rosoft Office suite of p roducts.
- Knowledge of Creo software.
- Ability to learn quickly and master core engineering
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management preferred. HNI
Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings
and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace
furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of
commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique
brands. The residential building products segment is the nation's
leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was
recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board
of Directors and was named in 2020, 2021, and in 2022 as one of
America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our CSR
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs
at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other's
differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better
serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We offer Benefits on Day 1, including a new voluntary benefit,
Daily Pay! To learn about all the benefits HNI has to offer visit
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!
Keywords: HNI Corporation, Waterloo , Product Development Engineer, Engineering , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!