Engineer Quality II
Company: Sunrise Systems Inc
Posted on: January 8, 2019
Job Title: Engineer Quality II (Manufacturing/Quality Engineer) Duration: 10+ months Location: Waterloo, IA- 50704 Job Description:
- Provides quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, supply management, and manufacturing and/or distribution organizations to assure Client product quality meets the customers expectations.
- This includes the application of quality tools within the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) and Customer Support Process (CSP). Also supports application of quality tools with key suppliers as an integral element of quality planning. Duties:
- Participates on PDP (Product Delivery Process) teams as the Quality representative, ensuring quality activities and plans are formulated and followed. Engages in applying/leading Quality tools in Product Delivery Process (PDP) teams.
- Encourages early interaction of both customer and supplier input to team activities. Participates in Design Process and Assembly Reviews (DPARs), print reviews, and design reviews of new products.
- Monitors and facilitates quality activities for part approval, verifies manufacturing processes (control plans, assembly instructions) and confirms process capability.
- Uses quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria to ensure the identification of quality failure concerns for both internal and external manufactured parts and assemblies. An example is Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Investigates unit quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes, gathers and analyzes data, resolves/facilitates resolution and implements corrective action.
- Engages in applying/leading Quality tools on Customer Support Process (CSP), Continuous Improvement (CI),and/or Value Improvement (VI) teams.
- Executes Client Quality Control Plan where implemented. Investigates product quality problems, determines root cause for quality problems, gathers and analyzes data and implements corrective action to reduce or eliminate non-value waste resulting from non-conformances, scrap or reclaim.
- Assists in identifying, communicating and resolving supplier quality problems. Engages in supplier quality plan formulation as necessary.
- Conducts audits of new and existing suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and adherence to accepted quality practices.
- Drives prevention actions. Facilitates and writes quality procedures for the purpose of maintaining/updating the factory quality system and supports quality system audits, reviews results with audit team, and participates in management review meetings.
- Provides training and/or supervision to co-workers, inspectors, technicians and auditors on quality procedures and tools to monitor critical processes to assure consistent control and/or to implement cost-saving ideas to improve our products to meet customer expectations. Specific Position Requirements
- US Citizen/Green Card/Permanent Residents highly preferred.
- Visa candidates likely will not be considered.
- 11pm-7am with potential for overtime.
- Would HIGHLY prefer someone with prior Client experience, even if it just an internship.
- The manufacturing engineering background is more important. The Quality side is easier to be taught.
- Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process.
- Projects are of moderate scope and responsibility or may be a significant portion of a major and diverse project or process.
- Provides quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, supply management, and/or distribution organizations to assure Client product quality meets the customers expectations.
- Also supports application of quality tools with key suppliers as an integral element of quality planning. Must be able to work on the off shift Thanks & Regards, Anant Dwivedi - Lead Recruitment Sunrise Systems Inc. 105 Fieldcrest Ave Suite# 504, Edison, NJ - 08837 USA Desk: (732)- Connect with me on LinkedIn Email: mailto: (see below) URL:
Keywords: Sunrise Systems Inc, Waterloo , Engineer Quality II, Engineering , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!