Senior Project Manager
Posted on: August 5, 2022
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented, and
motivated Senior Project Manager for immediate employment for the
Waterloo, Iowa office. Responsibilities will include the oversight
and management of active projects and project teams, and business
development. Projects may include roadways/highways, bridges,
utilities, and misc. facilities related to transportation or
infrastructure projects for a range of prospective clients,
including Iowa DOT, and other counties and municipalities as well
as Projects may also include alternative delivery
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether
it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing
access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps
people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas,
technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in
transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy.
We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose
to deliver a better world.
* Continue and strengthen client relationships in Waterloo and
surrounding area within the Surface Transportation Industry,
specific to public sector clients.
* Grows market share and footprint of the Surface Transportation
business with a focus on Highway and Bridge design.
* Develops and maintains exceptional customer relations.
* Regularly attends client sponsored events serving as an
ambassador for AECOM.
* Develops marketing plans and strategies, anticipates
opportunities, and identifies market trends.
* Positions and maps AECOM capabilities to customer business
objectives and Surface Transportation initiatives.
* Leads proposal preparation and presentations for clients with
potential large and complex projects.
* Builds strong relationships and interacts regularly with existing
and new clients, teaming partners, industry groups and stakeholders
linked to the Transportation business line.
* Works with Operations Manager to achieve strategic business
* Identifies, pursues, and wins Surface Transportation and
infrastructure design projects.
* Coordinates and collaborates with other leaders within AECOM's
U.S. West Transportation Group..
* Continuously interacts with clients assuring satisfaction with
AECOM services and interacting with project delivery personnel to
ensure any service issues are identified and addressed in a
* Drives project performance and is responsible for the performance
of a portfolio of projects
* Collaborates with peers/leaders in the AECOM U.S. West department
to leverage technical expertise, ensure client satisfaction and
implement best practices.
* Assists with project reporting functions during the month
* BA/BS + 10 years of related experience or demonstrated
equivalency of experience and/or education
* 15+ years of experience in Transportation Industry with a focus
on Highway and Bridge design.
* Has established client relationships relative to Highway, Bridge
and Infrastructure design in region and state-wide.
* Iowa PE (Professional Engineer)
* Leverages client relationships within the NE Iowa. and
surrounding area, to identify and capture Highway, and Bridge and
Infrastructure market share to grow the Surface Transportation
* Responsible for acting independently on technical matters
pertaining to the field.
* This position does not include sponsorship for United States work
* Relocation assistance is not provided for this role.
* The selected candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment
Motor Vehicle Registration Screening (MVR).
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with
hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office,
remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a
dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit
and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and
inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite
everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique
talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational
outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us
through our technical and professional development programs and
diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all
levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a
lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and
committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to
support you and your family, and the development resources you need
to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global
network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists,
consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change
toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's
potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 266548BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Keywords: AECOM, Waterloo , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!