Maintenance and Process Improvement Manager
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Maintenance and Process Improvement ManagerWaterloo, IA$80-100K
plus bonusOur Waterloo, IA manufacturing client is looking to hire
a Maintenance and Process Improvement Manager. This role is
responsible for the development and implementation of the product
manufacturing and industrialization processes, including improving
industrial and manufacturing processes to improve efficiency and
sustainability, reduce costs and maximize profitability.Key
- Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance team
ensuring that their efforts are focused on the right activities and
that the required outcomes are met. Instill a pro-active,
continuous improvement, teamwork and customer focused culture
within the maintenance and change over functions.
- Develop and manage the annual Maintenance and Repair budget for
the facility. Identify opportunities to reduce direct and indirect
- Test, evaluate, analyze, and improve manufacturing methods,
utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts,
fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment
capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Lead automation projects in conjunction with outside
- Develop best practices and innovative solutions to improve
production rates and quality, reducing scrap and other costs.
- Review results to ensure the effectiveness of action
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions to the
manufacturing team. Including setting and improving cycle times and
- Coordinate and optimize the product industrialization processes
in the manufacturing plant, including new tires from inception and
prototyping to start up and certification as well as improvements
to existing products.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide input for
continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives within the
plant and organization.
- Participate in or lead 5S, Kaizen events, and quality workshops
to continuously improve work methods and processes within areas of
- In conjunction with the quality function, conduct audits and
reviews for non-conformances; initiate corrective and preventative
action plans and validate their effectiveness.Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent experience and HS
diploma or GED.
- Three or more years of experience in process engineering in
manufacturing setting. Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
along with process related standards and technical skills. Tire or
rubber manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Siemens Technology a PLUS.
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to clearly
present information through the spoken and written work, influence
or persuade others in a desired direction to achieve
- Results oriented, self-directed, attention to detail, meets
- Ability to establish good working relationships and develop
- Change management skills to lead improvement initiatives and
- Analytical and decision-making skills. Able to collect and
analyze data effectively.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products and CAD
software. Experience with ERP system highly desired.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Waterloo , Maintenance and Process Improvement Manager, Executive , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!