Director Of Nursing - Full-Time
Company: Care Initiatives
Posted on: February 25, 2021
North Crest Specialty Care is hiring RN/LPN Charge Nurses to
join ourclinical team: O ur Nurses are essential...then, now, and
always! Apply today to make a difference and have an impact on the
residents weproudly serve. * Advancement andtransfer opportunities
statewide * Discount oncell phone services * Bonus foremployee
referrals * Paid time offplus vacation payout program * Financial
&wellness counseling available Plus affordablebenefits package:
* Three healthinsurance plans to fit your lifestyle
*Dental/Vision/Life/Disability insurance plans * Retirement
planwith company match Apply today to make a difference and have
animpact on the residents we proudly serve. Contact Jessica, our
local recruiter, to learn more:
Call or Text: 515-201-8667 Keywords = Director of Nursing Jobs, RN
Manager, Registered Nurse, Director of Nursing, DON, Registered
Nurse, Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Iowa, IA, RN, Cedar Falls,
Waterloo,IA Why work at NorthCrest Specialty Care? North Crest
SpecialtyCare is a Care Initiatives facility. Care Initiatives
proudly serves nearly2,800 Iowans through 44 skilled nursing care
locations, eight assisted livinglocations, three senior housing
apartment locations, and six hospice officelocations. We are Iowa's
largest not for profit senior care provider and arecommitted to
providing compassionate care for Iowans through all of life'shealth
transitions. PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under general supervision of
the Administrator, the Director of Nursing manages Nursing
Department human and material resources, with responsibility and
accountability for provision of quality nursing care and service to
facility residents/families, compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, and adherence to company policy/procedure and
budgetary guidelines. Functions with extensive autonomy in daily
nursing department operations; prior approval required for
activities having significant budgetary or employee relations
impact. Technical assistance, professional guidance and quality
monitoring is provided by the Director of Nursing with added
assistance from the assigned Nurse Consultant. Medical Director,
Administrator, Vice President/Operations and other corporate staff
also available as resources. ESSENTIAL FUNCTION
- Assume responsibility for the development of nursing service
objectives and performance standards of nursing practice for each
category of nursing personnel.
- Assume accountability for the development, organization and
implementation of approved policies and procedures.
- Direct, evaluate and supervise all resident care and initiate
corrective action as necessary.
- Assess resident care needs and assist in the development of
individualized plans of resident care.
- Assume responsibility for implementation of Clinical and
Prospective Payment System Minimum Data Set completion schedule.
- Current registration and licensure in the state of Iowa as an
RN. Must be in good standing with the Board of Nursing.
- Current, valid CPR certification. Knowledge
- Familiarity with Federal and State long-term care regulations
and laws. Experience
- Work history in long-term care setting and gerontological
- Functional Literacy in written and spoken English.
- Management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY Authority is delegated to the individual in
this position to:
- Assess resident needs and interview, hire and terminate
adequate nursing personnel.
- Set resident care standards in accordance with accepted current
standards of care to provide high quality care to residents.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for nursing care
- Supervise and manage all aspects of the nursing
- Assess, direct and supervise residents' care needs.
- Cooperate with administration to assure efficient,
cost-effective operation of the facility 1611 West Lakes Parkway
West Des Moines , IA 50266
Keywords: Care Initiatives, Waterloo , Director Of Nursing - Full-Time, Healthcare , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!