Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: September 20, 2022
OverviewUnityPoint - Allen HosppitalFull-Time Benefit: 32 hours
weekly; holiday/weekend rotation - -Responsible for performing
electrocardiogram on all ages, assisting with cardioversions,
setup, monitoring and conducting exercise and drug-induced cardiac
stress testing and other services. -Why UnityPoint Health?? -
Commitment to our Team - We've been
named a by Becker's Healthcare for our commitment to our team
members.? -Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a
fulfilling career and experience guided by uncompromising values
and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we
serve.? -Benefits - Our competitive program offers benefits options
that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life
stage you're in.? -Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment -
We're committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard
regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual
orientation.?Development - We believe equipping you with support
and is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment
experience.? -Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our
core purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we
serve.?? -Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our
team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
- Performs electrocardiograms (EKGs) on infants, pediatrics and
adults in all areas of the hospital, including critical care,
emergency department, pre-op clinic, surgery recovery, and general
medical nursing units.
- Responsible for the transmission of electrocardiograms (EKGs)
tracings from electronic medical record system to other hospital
systems for interpretation. Transmits electrocardiograms (EKGs) to
electronic medical record system for processing.
- Completes electrocardiograms (EKGs) before scheduled surgeries
and responds to stat and timed electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Responsible for the instruction, setup and monitoring of
cardiac stress testing.
- Identifies and responds to acute changes in electrocardiogram
(EKG) during stress testing.
- Compiles and processes stress testing reports.
- Assists in cardioversion when applicable.
- Verifies all infection control measures regarding electrode
cable cleaning between patients including recorder protection when
performing procedures on isolated patients.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance procedures.
- Retrieves electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports on request.
- Conducts audits of reports to assure proper patient
identification, complete documentation of procedures, and proper
processing and interpretation of reports.Qualifications
- Associates degree in respiratory therapy.
- 3-6 months experience in non-invasive cardiology, e.g. EKG,
cardiac stress testing. 1 year experience preferred.
- Licensed in the state of Iowa as a Respiratory Care
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with the National Board
of Respiratory Care.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with the National Board
of Respiratory Care preferred.
- Basic computer skills, read, writes, comprehends and speaks
- Basic 12-lead electrocardiogram (EKG) interpretation, including
basic ACLS arrhythmias, signs of ischemia, injury and infarct.
- Application of oxygen (O2).
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, including airway management,
oxygen (O2), bag-valve-mask ventilation, cardiac compression until
respiratory therapy staff arrive.
- Operation and performance of 12-lead electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Special electrocardiogram (EKG) lead tracings on physician
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) setup and monitoring during
- Operation of cardiac stress testing equipment, including
patient info input, protocol selection, treadmill instruction and
operation, tracing recording, blood pressure and electrocardiogram
(EKG) monitoring, patient recovery and report processing.
- Communicates patient changes, special needs, or inabilities to
attending hospitalists and cardiologists.
- Works with Nuclear Medicine staff when performing stress tests
in conjunction with cardiac nuclear scans.
- Responds promptly to schedule changes for urgent test
- Ability to respond to medical emergency team calls.
- Ability to cross train into Respiratory Therapist position in
the event of a patient surge.
- Area of Interest: Emergency, Trauma, and Critical Cardiac Care
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.80;
- Department: OtherCardio-NonInvasive- Logan;
- Shift: 8;
- Job ID: 114600;
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Waterloo , Cardiology Specialist, Healthcare , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!