RN Virtual Inpatient / Resource Nurse
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: September 20, 2022
OverviewRN Virtual Inpatient NurseAllen Hospital (not a remote
position)Part-time, 0.6: 11am-11pm (3-4 weekends per year)
-Contributes professional nursing knowledge and skills in the
provision and management of care to patients through the
application of the nursing process. Participates as a virtual
member of the interdisciplinary team. The position will utilize
technology to communicate to both inpatient nursing and
patients/family members through workflows including, but not
limited to admission, discharge, and education. -Uses innovative
video and EPIC technologies to complete admission assessments,
discharge summaries, patient education.Conducts face-to-face
patient assessments with video platform and coordinates with nurses
at the bedside in care planning.Operates as integral part of
nursing care delivery team on inpatient medical and surgical units.
-Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you
Come for a fulfilling career and experience guided by
uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right
for the people we serve.Benefits - Our competitive program offers
benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education
assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter
what life stage you're in.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Commitment - We're committed to ensuring you have a voice that is
heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual
orientation.Development - We believe equipping you with support and
is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment
experience.Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our core
purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we
serve. -Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our
team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
- Assesses and documents patient status through a virtual
- Functions as a scribe for inpatient nursing for the physical
assessment and other assessment parameters, as applicable.
- Develops an individualized plan of care using a collaborative
approach with the patient/family and other members of the health
- Completes required documentation as appropriate, including
documenting in the medical record and event reports.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and the ability
to troubleshoot when problems arise.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skills in
evidence-based nursing practice and advances in virtual nursing
- Demonstrates professional accountability for own practice as
evidenced by seeking resources and continued self-development.
- If deemed necessary by Nursing Leadership, requirements to
provide direct, hands-on patient care or take a patient assignment
- Ensures all aspects of technology is functioning properly prior
- Proficient at conducting virtual assessment, scribing, and
documenting admission/discharge processes.
- Analyzes clinical situations in a systematic way and acts to
obtain resources or correct problems to meet or exceed expected
outcomes or patient needs.
- Demonstrates ownership and persistence to ensure problem is
resolved in best way possible.
- Consistently prioritizes work based on changes in patient
condition, changes in assignment and unanticipated
- Identifies and utilizes team resources to solve identified
problems or needs.
- Chooses an appropriate and meaningful communication style when
interacting with others; gives and accepts constructive feedback
- Actively promotes and achieves customer satisfaction (patient,
family, nursing, practitioners).
- Adapts teaching strategies based on learner response and
readiness to learn. Proficient in teach-back strategies.
- Takes cultural, age-specific, gender, and developmental factors
into consideration when teaching patients about procedures,
illness, hospital experience, etc.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide
specialized education. Identifies if the virtual education method
is not appropriate for the patient condition/situation and consults
with inpatient RN.
- Shares clinical knowledge through teaching and in response to
the learning needs of others.
- Available virtually to coach-in-the-moment for new graduate
nurses or nursing staff completing an unfamiliar process or
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- 3 to 5 years previous Med-Surg nursing experience including
utilization of the Electronic Medical Record. Previous experience
with virtual technology platforms preferred.
- Current licensure in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the
State of Iowa.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Proficient computer knowledge using word processing,
spreadsheet, email, and web browser.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.6;
- Department: Other - Central Monitor- Logan;
- Shift: Part-time, 0.6: 11am-11pm;
- Job ID: 102920;
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Waterloo , RN Virtual Inpatient / Resource Nurse, Healthcare , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!