Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: September 20, 2022
OverviewUnityPoint Health- Allen WaterlooPart-time; Wed, Thurs,
Fri, Mon, Tues 230p-730p and Sat/Sun 1030a-7pEligible for Sign-on
Bonus! -A Radiology Tech is a Diagnostic Radiographer, who under
the direction of the Director of Radiology or the assigned
Supervisor, is responsible for performing a variety of technical
procedures on patients of all ages which requires independent
judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing
radiation for radiologic diagnosis and for assuming responsibility
for designated areas or procedures as required. -At UnityPoint
Health, we put people first. And we start from the inside out. We
care deeply about making UnityPoint Health a great place to
work-but don't just take our word for it. to watch videos from
several amazing team members about their fulfilling experience at
UnityPoint Health.Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you
matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience guided by
uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right
for the people we serve.Benefits - Our competitive program offers
benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education
assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter
what life stage you're in.Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Commitment - We're committed to ensuring you have a voice that is
heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual
orientation.Development - We believe equipping you with support and
is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment
experience.Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our core
purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we
serve.Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team
members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
- Performs quality diagnostic procedures, general as well as
surgical, portable, and tomography. Provides and uses radiation
protection devices and techniques in accordance with prescribed
safety standards. Displays working knowledge of job requirements. -
- All images are properly identified with patient I.D., side
markers, and tech initials. Patients and others are not subjected
to unneeded amounts of radiation. - No accidents occur to patients,
personnel, or equipment as a result of regulation or policy
violations. - Patient injuries are reported immediately per
- Maintains radiographic quality. Positioning of patient and
equipment and technique manipulation are accurate. - Errors are
rare, tasks are completed promptly.
- Correctly documents required information in the computerized
information system (RIS). Exams are completed in a timely fashion.
Exams performed are recorded. - Records are complete, accurate, and
up-to-date; no filing errors are made. - Displays team attitude in
assisting secretarial staff.
- Assists radiologists and/or physicians in specific procedures,
patient care, and other duties as required. Assists radiologists
and/or physicians in the administration of contrast media and other
medications as required. - Willingly and cheerfully assists others
as needed; misadministration of drugs and contrasts do not
- Applies knowledge of operation and use of diagnostic x-ray
machines, processors, and other required equipment and maintains
safety. Tests conducted using equipment is done correctly and
produce accurate results; optimum processing is maintained at all
times; malfunctions are reported immediately.
- Performs appropriate quantity of work. Consistently productive
and volunteers to take on additional work when finished with
assigned tasks. - Rotates shifts, weekends, and holidays as
required by the department.
- Applies knowledge and application of nursing procedures
pertinent to patient care while in radiology. Correct nursing
procedures are used as appropriate.
- Directs patient flow as to specific room and time. Patients are
not delayed unnecessarily for radiology services and do not wait
longer than 15 minutes without explanation of delays.
- Maintains communications with Nursing Services concerning
patient condition and radiographic procedural changes. Nursing
Services aware of radiology department procedures and current
status of patient conditions are reported immediately.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her
- Transports patients when necessary. Patients are not
unnecessarily delayed for scheduled tests. - Displays team attitude
in assisting transportation staff.
- Instructs, guides, directs, assists, supervises, and evaluates
students in specific clinical and didactic aspects of their
education in a caring manner. Information presented is accurate and
organized; students understand designated procedures; associate
relates well to students and responds to students' needs for
information and assistance.
- Cleans departmental equipment and instruments. Equipment is
clean, orderly, an ready for use; all safety/health regulations and
procedures are met. - - - - -Qualifications
- Holds Permit-to-Practice radiology in the state of Iowa.
- Certified and holds current registration with the A.R.R.T. as a
Radiologic Technologist.Must be able to read and write
- Includes those currently pursuing registration in Mammography,
CT, or MRI. If pursuing the Mammography, CT, or MRI tract, the
technologist is required to successfully obtain their modality
A.R.R.T. board examination within 18 months of completion of the
- Area of Interest: Medical Imaging and Radiology -
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.5;
- Department: Radiology- Logan;
- Shift: PT; W, Th, F, M, T 230p - 730 p and Sat/Sun
- Job ID: 114362;
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Waterloo , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!