RN -West Lakes ICU/Progessive Care Unit- FT .9 (Day) **RN experience required**
Company: Mercy Health
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 11, 2019
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: IA > WEST DES MOINES > MERCY WEST LAKES
high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and
coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the
Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical
principles, and professional judgment.
Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care
while ensuring patient comfort.
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and
provides ongoing treatment.
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to
educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e.
Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up,
maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage
devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV
pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e.,
cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Serves in a charge/leadership role based on
skill and unit needs. When assigned
charge, makes patient assignments; triages patients; and problem solves with
staff, physicians, patients, families, and ancillary departments.
- Takes assigned call as defined in unit policy.
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e.,
emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
- Assists with clerical duties (i.e., maintenance
of chart, patient record, and answering phones and call lights).
- Maintains patient care supplies, equipment, and
- Provides orientation/education for staff,
students, and other hospital and community organizations as requested.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. Thats what youll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. Youll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together well create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patients individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients medications and providing treatments according to physicians orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
- Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R0192514
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Mercy Health, Waterloo , RN -West Lakes ICU/Progessive Care Unit- FT .9 (Day) **RN experience required**, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!