RN - Behavioral Health - PRN
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: July 24, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY:Provides individualized,high-quality nursing care
to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate
andcoordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge.
Independently delivers nursing care using theNurse Practice Act,
Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards,
ethicalprinciples, and professional judgment.Works rotating shifts,
weekends, and holidays as scheduled.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing carewhile ensuring
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients andprovides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds toeducational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e.Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up,maintenance, and use
(i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainagedevices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IVpump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patientsafety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e.,cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).Position Type:
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current or compact state licenseas a Registered
Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- BSN preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory ReporterChild and/or Dependent
Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6)weeks of hire.
Acceptable credentialingbodies and certifications include American
Red Cross CPR/AED for theProfessional Rescuer and American Heart
Association Basic Life Support forHealthcare Providers.Additional
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0236531
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center Associated topics: care, hospice,
maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, staff nurse,
surgery, unit Associated topics: care, hospice, maternal, mhb,
nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, staff nurse, surgery, unit
Associated topics: care, hospice, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse
clinical, psychatric, staff nurse, surgery, unit
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, Waterloo , RN - Behavioral Health - PRN, Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!