Account Manager - Sourcing - Hotels
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Description: Short's Travel Management (STM) is a family-owned,
women-owned, private corporation. We are sports travel experts
specializing in team travel, recruiting travel, group hotels, bus
charters and air charters servicing hundreds of athletic
departments each year. We move more student athletes than any other
travel management company. STM's mission is to enhance the
experience of getting there, being there, and coming home. When you
win, we all win!The STM team strives to drive innovation, provide
excellent service, and display teamwork, passion and dedication
throughout the lifetime of our relationships. STM works with
clients to customize travel programs to create efficiencies and
maximize the value of our products and services.Position: Account
Manager, Hotels (fully remote)Mission: As sourcing manager for STM
stay, responsible for strategic sourcing, negotiations, and hotel
relationships. This position can work fully-remote.Outcomes:
- Demonstrates proficient meeting and event planning knowledge,
skills and abilities specifically as it relates to the review,
negotiations and management of group hotel contracts. Measured on
average time for a hotel grid to be negotiated and average
turnaround time for contracts.
- Utilizes exceptional customer service capabilities: above
average listening, negotiating and communication skills, creative
thinking and problem solving, detail oriented with excellent follow
through. Assessed on accuracy of contracts, negotiations, and hotel
- Builds strong, productive relationships with hotel vendors,
hotel sales managers, national sales offices, etc. to ensure
- Demonstrates the ability to be a good team player:
cross-trained or is available for cross utilization, dependable and
reliable, is flexible with the ability to multi-task. Evaluated by
number of open trips at one time in various stages. Key
- Positive MindsetSelf-motivation / Drive
- Work Ethic / Ownership
- People-centric Leadership
- Objective Listening
- Collaborative Style
- Critical Thinking
- Commitment to Continuous ImprovementPM22 Requirements:
- Must have broad understanding of general business concepts and
disciplines including finance/accounting, corporate card programs,
travel management, etc.
- Experienced Microsoft Office skills specifically including:
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience with Salesforce and CVENT a plus.Qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in a hotel sales position.
- Experience with hotel contract negotiations, customer service,
and hotel management.
- AA degree or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to convey technical subject matters with ease and
impact to non-technical audiences.
- Strong executive poise and presence.
- Flexibility to work based on client- specific or event-specific
- Willing to travel and/or work a flexible schedule (i.e.
non-traditional hours) as needed.
- Remote work sites must have dependable high-speed internet.
Compensation & Available Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation/Earned Time OffShort's Travel Management is an EOE
employer.This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide
the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm
that you are authorized to work in the U.S.PM22
Keywords: shortstravel.com, Waterloo , Account Manager - Sourcing - Hotels, Hospitality & Tourism , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!