Member Service Associate
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Posted on: May 5, 2020
GreenState Credit UnionMember Service AssociateUS-IA-WaterlooJob
ID: 2020-2370Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
RetailGreenState Credit UnionOverviewGreenState, a progressive,
growing company, is now taking applications for a Member Service
Associate. This position is responsible for acquiring, expanding,
and enriching member relationships, while providing service in an
exceptional manner. In this role you will cross-sell and provide
credit union products and services to new and existing members,
with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary. The
successful candidate will be an independent, outgoing individual
who will constantly strive to be number one. GreenState is proud to
offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants. Pay range
for this hourly position is $14.37 - $21.56 with a monthly
incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits
package.ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and
responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are
not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, using their name, and thanking them for their
business. The MUST philosophy:--- Make eye contact;--- Use their
name or acknowledge their presence;--- Smile!--- Thank them for
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Provides personalized, professional service to all members in
an exceptional manner, seeking out opportunities to exceed member
- Makes weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Performs any and all aspects of the FSR position as detailed in
the FSR Job Description. This includes the ability to accurately
balance a cash drawer on a daily basis and a firm understanding of
all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling, check
handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState
product and service, or referring them to the specialized
department (Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, etc.) to be
- Provides consistent follow through.
- Services and promotes all credit union deposit products and
- Utilizes appropriate resources to resolve routine and complex
member problems accurately, professionally, and in a timely
- Participates in promotions, contests, blitzes, staff meetings,
calling efforts, and other departmental activities which support
- Processes credit applications within the scope of Credit Union
lending guidelines and policies
- Sells debt protection and other loan protection products
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposit and consumer loan regulations.
- Performs successful outbound sales calling to existing and
potential members and reviews loans and member files to develop and
place additional services. Answers incoming phone calls and assists
members with their requests
- Keeps abreast of all credit union deposit product and procedure
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing,
drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.19. Plays a
vital role in enriching the community by participating in community
service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events on an
- Must have at least one year of similar or related experience or
six months in an FSR role with knowledge of all credit union
accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide variety
of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to
represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner
during member contact.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash and recording daily
transactions Exceptional member service skills including above
average listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and
organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management
skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer loan policies, credit granting
criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required
documentation for each type of consumer loan and savings
- Proven interviewing skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E
Act.Reporting RelationshipReports to the Branch Manager as
assigned.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is not
responsible for the supervision of other employees.Equal
Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an
EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage
minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Waterloo , Member Service Associate, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!