Medical Administrative Assistant
Company: UnityPoint Health-Trinity
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Open to Medical Assistant or Administrative Assistant.
Under the direction of a health care provider, the Medical
Assistant, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that
promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic
vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and
minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to
carry out assigned job duties.
- May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples
from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- May be required to perform testing including BAT, drug
screening, spirometry, or audiometric testing
- Administer ordered medical treatments and/or vaccines.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient
as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or
requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including
appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments
related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to
regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient's
electronic health record using standardized workflows and
- Practices and reflects knowledge of IPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare. Provide
information to appropriate regulatory agencies, (i.e. health
Development and Patient Education
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the
organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading
emails and regularly checking information on the organization's
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management
- Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all
policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance,
HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA
policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service
by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and
objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute
to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to
facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program
- CMA preferred
- Computer data entry experience.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and
Keywords: UnityPoint Health-Trinity, Waterloo , Medical Administrative Assistant, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!