Direct Support - Intermittent Specialist
Company: Exceptional Persons Inc
Posted on: January 10, 2022
This is working at EPI - connecting people, creating
opportunities, and nurturing growth.Exceptional Persons, Inc. (EPI)
is a FIVE-TIME recipient of the Employer of Choice designation.
Employees nominate organizations in the Cedar Valley for this
Join us! We have full-time and part-time opportunities on 1st shift
available for people looking to make a difference in the lives of
persons with disabilities.
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.Full benefits are
offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week)
- Advance your career through our career advancement program. As
you complete each certification, you'll advance to a new position
with a $1.00 per hour increase in pay.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal time
- 401(k)* employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time
employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling,
legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Flexible schedules (We offer full-time, part-time and PRN (as
needed) opportunities on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift, even weekend-only
options. See details below.)
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships,
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Build life-long relationships with people
- Help people connect to their community and their individual
interests (e.g. attending concerts, going to the movies, playing
sand volleyball, backyard cookouts, shopping, and more!)
- Work as a team to identify unique, creative ways to support
people in skills to gain greater independence (e.g. meal prep,
laundry, cleaning, decorating)
- Support persons in health and wellness goals (this could
include walks outside, bike riding, hikes, learning about healthy
eating and lifestyles, and more)
- Encourage and assist self-advocacy (e.g. assisting someone to
speak on his/her own behalf and developing relationships)
- Continuously learn and grow
As a DSP - Intermittent Specialist you will experience personal
GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a
community that leads a greater PURPOSE in mentoring individuals
with Intellectual Disabilities in supporting their personal
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply
- Attend work as scheduled. Complete responsibilities, tasks, and
trainings within assigned timelines.
- Doing what's right. Trustworthy. Able to comply with all agency
and regulatory standards. Maintain standards of confidentiality
(HIPAA) and ethical practice.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and
verbal. Able to document work as trained.
- Computer Familiarity. Able to browse internet, use email and
electronic health record system (training provided).
- Committed to inclusion and building relationships. Respecting
- High school diploma or a GED
- Six months of continuous employment preferred
- 18 years old or older
- This position requires a valid driver's license, auto
insurance, a good driving record, a reliable vehicle and the
ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of
the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender
registry, and a criminal history check
- Preferred but not required; own a cell phone with active plan
to make and receive phone calls and text messages.
- Shift Availabilities:
- Part Time - 1st Shift
- Full Time - 1st Shift
- Wages: $13.40-$14.65 Wages are dependent upon experience
Click here to view a realistic job preview.
Post job offer drug screen required.EPI is an equal opportunity
employer.Real Career! Real Purpose!
- Must be 21 and older to participate in 401(k) program.
Keywords: Exceptional Persons Inc, Waterloo , Direct Support - Intermittent Specialist, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!