Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Cedar Falls, IA
$18.00-28.00 per hour
Our client is seeking a Mill Machinist. This Machinist will
operate manual and/or computer-controlled machines to perform one
or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces.
- Enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized
machine control media.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills,
lathes, and CNC.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool
holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or
inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads and unloads pieces to be machined, using hoists and hand
tools to lift and secure on machining table.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control
media as required.
- Studying blueprints and drawings to determine dimensions and
- Regulating machines for speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and
angle of cut, etc.;
- Using micrometers, calipers, dial gauges, or other measuring
devices to verify dimension and alignment;
- Deburr parts with grinder, sandpaper, emery cloth,
- Follow, assist in the development, and promote the safety and
- Assist other employees, company management, vendors, visitors,
and customers when needed.
- Machine setup
- Basic computer and time management skills
- Shop mathematics
- Operation of hand, production, and measurement tools
- Blueprint reading
- Material handling
- Quality/testing equipment and processes
- Production programming
- Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
- Production software/documentation
Keywords: Job Juncture, Waterloo , Mill Machinist, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!