Counselor-Intensive Outpatient Program
Company: UnityPoint Health
Posted on: September 20, 2022
OverviewCounselor - Intensive Outpatient ProgramUnityPoint
Health - Allen -Shift: Part-time; DaysBenefits Eligible -Sign-On
Bonus: $7,500 paid over 2 years -Responsible for aiding in the
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient
care on the behavioral health outpatient setting for partial
hospitalization. - Responsible for the delivery of patient care
through a multidisciplinary approach. - Responsible for case
coordination of patients and insurance precertification/utilization
review. Patients served are adult behavioral health patients
requiring a structured outpatient setting. Care is provided through
a therapeutic relationship with the patient and family. - -Why
UnityPoint Health?? -
Commitment to our Team - We've been
named a by Becker's Healthcare for our commitment to our team
members.?Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling
career and experience guided by uncompromising values and
unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we
serve.?Benefits - Our competitive program offers benefits options
that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life
stage you're in.?Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment - We're
committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of
role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.?Development -
We believe equipping you with support and is an essential part of
delivering a remarkable employment experience.?Community
Involvement - Be an essential part of our core purpose-to improve
the health of the people and communities we serve.?? -Visit us at
UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why
UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. ? -Responsibilities
- The team member is aware of hospital and department compliance
for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and
Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or
concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of
department or hospital administrative staff.
- Contributes to the patient assessment by collecting, reporting,
and recording objective and subjective data in an accurate and
timely manner. Data collection includes:
- Observation about the condition or change in condition of the
- Signs and symptoms of deviation from normal health status.
- Assist with admission process per team direction; may include
unit tour, crisis care plan, consent for treatment, release of
information, program contract, perceived control scale.
- Participates in the development and modification of the plan of
care by providing data, contributing to the identification of
priorities, and setting realistic and measurable patient focused
outcomes and goals. Assists with the identification of appropriate
patient care interventions and formulating realistic strategies,
approaches, and techniques to utilize in the treatment delivery.
Provides health teaching and counseling.
- Participates in revising and updating patient treatment plans
to reflect changes in priority needs and additional
- Provides treatment and care to patients and families consistent
with institutional policies and established standards of care and
in collaboration with IOP Team.
- Provides structured educational groups and counseling for
partial hospitalization patients.
- Partners with other multidisciplinary team members to achieve
patient's progress towards outcomes identified in the treatment
- Accepts individual responsibility and accountability for
his/her own actions, judgments, competency, clinical performance,
and professional growth.
- Conducts his/her practice by respecting the dignity and rights
- Computer documentation is done in accordance with hospital
policies and procedures.
- Utilizes therapeutic interpersonal interventions in treatment
(e.g., active listening, feedback, empathy, validation,
normalizing, redirecting, focusing, crisis intervention).
- Integrates patient/family education concepts in furnishing
necessary information and the support during hospitalization. A
focus on health and preventative health maintenance should be
incorporated into the teaching plan.
- Assist with discharge planning, coordinating and aftercare and
reviews the patient crisis plan with patient at discharge.
- Will utilize one-to-one and group modalities in provision of
treatment/care of patients.
- Provides skill development and teaching to patients and
families within scope of practice (e.g., behavior management,
- Demonstrates flexibility and self-direction in meeting patient
and unit needs by responding as a team player.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates; is responsive and
professional in endeavors with other community agencies and
- Participates in mandatory education and unit staff meetings,
per established guidelines.
- Initiates actions and follows direction of immediate
supervisor/manager designed to prevent or remediate
potential/actual safety hazards to self or others.
- Provides/facilitates crisis intervention in anticipated and/or
acute emergency situations according to established emergency
guidelines and under the direction of an IOP Program Manager.
- Communicates safety problems and potential risks to program
- Use the Engagement Model to create a safe unit milieu and
collaboration with patients/families.
- Complies with established infection control and risk management
policies and procedures.
- Is knowledgeable regarding managed care implications -
precertification and utilization review procedures.Qualifications
- Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work or
Marriage & Family Therapy
- Clinical background should include experience in a human
- Any of the following: LMHC, LISW, LMFT
- Writes, reads, comprehends, and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office - basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making
- Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or
demonstrated clinical efficiency.
- Area of Interest: Behavioral Health Services -
- FTE/Hours per pay period: .7;
- Department: Partial Hospitalization;
- Shift: Day time hours;
- Job ID: 114908;
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Waterloo , Counselor-Intensive Outpatient Program, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!