15B Aircraft Powerplant Repairer
Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: May 18, 2023
If you're looking for a career in the aircraft repair and maintenance field, then join the Army National Guard and watch your future take flight. Your work will keep Army airplanes and helicopters in top shape to support training, rescue, humanitarian, security, or combat missions.
As an Aircraft Powerplant Repairer, you will inspect, service, and repair turbine engines, parts, and electrical components on Army aircraft to ensure that they remain safe and ready to fly transport, patrol, and flight training missions.
• Maintain engine assemblies and engine systems
• Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions
• Perform limited maintenance operational checks
• Use and maintain common/special tools
• Prepare requests for turn-ins and repair parts
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
• Repair of hydraulic, fuel, and electrical systems
• Engine disassembly, inspection, and repair
• Repair of aluminum, steel, and fiberglass airframes/coverings
• Preference for mathematics and shop mechanics
• Ability to use hand and power tools
• Working with engine mechanics
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with aircraft manufacturers, commercial airlines, and government agencies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Soldiers in the Aircraft Powerplant Repairer specialty consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, plus 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. During this time, you'll learn essential Soldiering skills and refine your aircraft repair abilities in the field and the classroom.
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 1990
ZIP Code: 50703
Job Category: Aviation
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 engine airplane inspector mechanic aviation lead repair align calibrate power distribution aerospace aeronautics avionics line maintenance component overhaul
Keywords: Army National Guard, Waterloo , 15B Aircraft Powerplant Repairer, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
here to apply!