Member Service Executive
Company: University of Iowa Community Credit Union
Posted on: February 8, 2019
The University of Iowa Community Credit Union, a progressive, growing company, is now taking applications for a Member Service Executive. This person will be a competitive, independent, "doer" who can problem solve and get things done through people. In this role, you will promote and provide credit union products and services to new and existing members with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary. This position is responsible for opening and closing all types of share accounts and consumer loans, as well as for the necessary collection of overdrawn accounts and delinquent loans. The successful candidate will be an assertive problem solver who loves a fast paced environment, and who can motivate people to do their best. UICCU is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying applicants. Pay range for this hourly position is $17.23 - $25.84 with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive benefits package. Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values in serving with truth, trust, mentoring, openness, risk-taking, communication, giving credit, integrity, caring, and respect in carrying out the UICCU's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with other employees.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Provides personalized, professional service to all members in an exceptional manner, seeking out opportunities to exceed member expectations.
- Make weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Educates members about their financial choices, by asking about and understanding their needs, and responding by recommending appropriate financial products and services. Provides consistent follow through. Must also remain up-to-date on all marketing promotions and other important information.
- Performs any and all routine MSR transactions, e.g., deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, money order etc. Must be able to accurately balance a cash drawer on a daily basis, or when needed. Must be familiar with all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling, credit checks, wire transfers and identification.
- Originates and structures credit applications for approval.
- Performs any necessary collection work on any delinquent and/or overdrawn accounts. From time to time, may be involved in collection work on legal reserve accounts. Provides status reports on delinquent and/or overdrawn accounts to the Leadership Team and/or Credit Committee.
- Reviews loans and member files to develop and place additional services.
- Sells credit insurance and other loan protection products.
- Services and promotes all credit union products and services.
- Meets expected service levels for member wait time and accuracy. Consistently demonstrates all expected service and sales behaviors.
- Opens, maintains, and closes all retail loan and deposit products.
- Performs successful outbound sales calling to existing and potential members and reviews loans and member files to develop and place additional services. Answers incoming phone calls and assists members with their requests.
- Performs any other duties as may be required to meet credit union objectives.
- Works UICCU sponsored and other events on or off premise as scheduled.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events on an annual basis.
- One year of similar or related experience, with an equivalent financial background and proven ability to handle a wide variety of functions quickly and accurately with minimum supervision.
- Sales ability and interpersonal skills to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner during member contact.
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals and engage in a conversation to successfully win business and open accounts.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand. Job may require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
- Knowledge of consumer loan policies, credit granting criteria, interest rates and how they are computed, and required documentation for each type of loan and savings product.
- Thorough knowledge of deposit and retail loan laws and regulations
- Exceptional member service skills including above average listening and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and timeliness in handling member transactions, inquiries, and requests and pays attention to detail.
- Must have excellent phone communication skills and demonstrated history of appropriate etiquette.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and procedures concerning deposit and loan regulations.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of personal computer software programs, including the Microsoft Office application suite and the ability to operate related telephone and computer systems.
- Proven interviewing skills and techniques.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
- Ability to use and understand written material.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with co-workers.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act. Reports to VP/Branch Sales and Service Managers as assigned. This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees. The UICCU is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: University of Iowa Community Credit Union, Waterloo , Member Service Executive, Other , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!