Electrician- Diesel Engine Locomotive
Company: Iowa Northern Railway Co.
Posted on: September 11, 2023
ELECTRICIAN – DIESEL ENGINE LOCOMOTIVE
Iowa Northern Railway has an immediate opening for second or third
shift electrician in Waterloo, Iowa. This position is responsible
for performing electrical inspection, maintenance and repair
activities on locomotives in the repair shops, on service tracks,
on line of road and occasionally on other railroad
equipment/property. In addition, this position is responsible for
testing, inspecting and properly repairing the electrical
components of locomotive systems, equipment, and machinery.
- Inspect and repair locomotive components for compliance with
Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations and company
- Test, inspect and repair switches, heaters, DC power systems,
event recorder tapes, lights water coolers, batteries, low voltage
systems, high voltage systems, traction motors, cooling fans and
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect, calibrate, and replace
high-voltage mechanical and electro-magnetic equipment, perform
preventative maintenance on a variety of tools/equipment and
machinery to ensure proper function.
- Repair and/or replace components ranging in size from
relatively small, such as contractors, relays, breakers, to large,
such as reversers. Provide locomotive electrical maintenance,
including repairs, replacing, and adjusting parts and
- Monitor electrical components to troubleshoot any
- Service and perform daily inspections on locomotives, add fuel
and other necessary supplies.
- Test circuits and connections using electrical test
- Complete inspection work and maintenance
- Perform other essential and nonessential functions as assigned,
including tasks normally assigned to other composite mechanics,
such as machinist and Carman, and laborer.
- Responsible for performing duties and working hours as
scheduled, including overtime, holidays, nights, weekends, and
travel as necessary.
- Move Locomotives within mechanical department limits.
- Trouble shoot and repair PTC (positive train control).
High school graduate or equivalent required. Must have a valid
driver's license with no more than 3 violations in the last 3 years
and no major violations (i.e., reckless operations or
Experience as a qualified Railroad electrician preferred but not
required. HVAC experience helpful. Must possess electrical
aptitude. Must attend and understand company training as
For more information on Iowa Northern or to complete an application
online, please click apply now!
This will be a full-time hourly position and includes a
comprehensive benefits package. Pre-employment background check,
physical and drug screen required.
Keywords: Iowa Northern Railway Co., Waterloo , Electrician- Diesel Engine Locomotive, Professions , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!