Posted on: January 14, 2019
Great teams start with good chemistry.WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
This position is critical to driving the progress and support of the Waterloo facility through the Maintenance department. He/she will support and help drive short and long-term Waterloo branch and overall company goals.
- Utilize maintenance resources to ensure that plant equipment is maintained to operate safely and efficiently and preventive maintenance is completed on schedule.
- Provide direct leadership by example for the Maintenance Technicians and, by extension, all plant employees.
- Build a strong maintenance team who cooperates and shares technical expertise for the benefit of the team and Hydrite.
- Set work and on-call schedules to ensure that maintenance coverage is consistent with plant operational needs.
- Responsible for carrying out capital projects utilizing plant maintenance labor as needed
- Responsible for managing and developing job plans for the Maintenance Department to ensure that plant equipment is maintained to operate safely and efficiently and that repairs are conducted on a timely basis.
- Assist in outlining maintenance metrics for performance, reliability, PM's, mechanical integrity, controls and instrumentation.
- Assist in developing a reliability strategy by utilizing the best methodologies and best maintenance and security practices.
- Facilitate communication between operations and maintenance to improve work efficiency and Maximo utilization
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all documentation is kept current on the asset management system (Maximo)
- Ensure that "critical spares" and parts inventory are maintained at the required level.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel and contractors are properly trained, and such training is documented.
- Manage contractors, including safety training, on site job management and quality control.
- Investigate, recommend and/or implement alternative policies and procedures to improve branch performance.
- Develop and execute the Plant Maintenance standards to meet the requirements set forth by SQF, FESMA, AIB and the FDA.
- Assist, in Confined Space Entry, Hot Work, and also able to perform Lock-Out-Tag-Out of equipment.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- As assigned, perform duties of construction manager and contractor liaison with external contractors in the timely, expense conscious completion of capital and maintenance related activities
- Ensure and reinforce good housekeeping practices.
- As assigned, maintain and further develop PM database for work orders, preventive maintenance schedules, LO/TO and other procedures, equipment histories, inventories, and engineering files.
- Entering PM's and Work Orders.
- Participate in PHA's, Design Reviews and Capital Project Development.
- Active member of Emergency Response Team.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or 5-10 years of relevant experience is required.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- One to Three years chemical experience in a supervisory or management role preferred.
- Experience managing with a maintenance software system is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out:https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers
Keywords: Hydrite, Waterloo , Maintenance Engineer, Professions , Waterloo, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!